In May, a group of education specialists, advocates, and policy leaders headed to Washington D.C. for a convening with TeachStrong, Chiefs for Change, the Center for American Progress, and CSSO to launch an action group in Minnesota dedicated to implementing polices that support teachers throughout their careers. Over the next six months, the Minnesota team will work together to develop an action plan for elevating the teaching profession using career pathways.
The convening provided participants with resources and support to create their plans, share model strategies and innovative practices, and connect virtually over the course of the next six months on technical assistance and engaging in cross-state/district collaboration. At the end of six months, the team will share a progress report and develop next steps for supporting Minnesota teachers throughout their career.
The Minnesota team:
- Rose Chu, your team lead, Senior Policy Fellow, MnEEP
- Aara Johnson, Policy Fellow, MnEEP
- Stanley Brown, Coordinator of Equity & Inclusion, Hopkins Public Schools
- Melissa Jordan, Executive Director, Northwest Suburban Integration School District
- Alvin Abraham, Executive Director, Kipp MN College Public Schools
- Alex Liuzzi, Teacher Education Specialist, MN Board of Teaching